Lifestyle Sales & Lettings is delighted to announce the introduction of a comprehensive tenants insurance package in conjunction with HomeLet.

Our comprehensive range of options means that you won’t have to break the bank in case of any mishaps.

Tenancy Liability Insurance is a service which covers the landlord’s property, furniture and fixtures and fittings from accidental damage which the tenants are responsible for, up to sum of £10,000.

It can increase the chance of receiving your full deposit back at the end of your tenancy agreement, which can go towards a deposit on a mortgage or your next rental.
In addition to this, Tenants Contents Insurance includes all the features of the Tenancy Liability policy, but also protects up to £50,000 of your own contents against fire, flood and theft.

This includes cover for:

  • Up to £300 for mobile phones
  • Accidental damage to electronic goods, including TVs, audio equipment and computers
  • As much as £2,500 for secured garages, sheds and outbuildings
  • £1,000 towards the changing of locks following the theft of keys

Our simple rates cover the named tenant(s) and all family members who live permanently in the home, and vitally, the service does not discriminate against postcodes, and is priced the same no matter where the property is.


The excess rates are as follows:

  • £100 standard
  • £250 escape of water
  • £500 malicious damage

For example, this means that if your washing machine floods your kitchen, you will be liable to pay the first £250 of any cost incurred. The remainder of the sum would be covered by the £10,000 Tenancy Liability Insurance.

It is. Should you move home or go onto a different tenancy agreement, your policy will still be valid. However, it is essential that you should let us know of any changes.

All items damaged beyond repair in an accident will be replaced on a ‘new for old’ basis. Ultimately, insurance is there to restore you to the same financial position that you were in before taking out a claim, and this will cover you for the cost of a like-for-like replacement (minus the excess).

Not necessarily. A landlord is typically only responsible for the general upkeep of a property, and their buildings insurance won’t cover damage caused by tenants or to their personal property.

Yes. You would not be able to make a successful claim for damage caused by pets, general wear and tear, or the cost of cleaning.

If you would like to find out more about our flexible insurance for tenants, please call us on 01706 823 131

I was very impressed with the prompt and friendly service received from Lifestyle.
Ava S